Thursday, October 4, 2012

Extranjeros

So the point of me being here is to help some Christian women (God willing, a lot of women!) to better understand God's Words, to help them obey all that Jesus commands, and, obviously, as they do all this, to discover great peace, confidence, hope and joy and be a massive blessing to the people around them. But new contexts and first years are funny things - you end up doing not exactly what you thought. And it turns out that there are a few other, sometimes lonely, extranjeros (foreigners) around the place. I've got to know people from Australia, the Netherlands and England, plus some from other countries only here for a short time, a couple of whom have come along with me to church. And I've been made welcome by missionaries from Australia, England, Mexico, America, Germany and Switzerland. So there's been a fair bit of speaking English over lunches or coffees, which isn't exactly what I had planned. But I do what God gives me to do, not abandoning my earlier goals, but making the most of this opportunity to develop relationships in English when this is still hard for me to do in Spanish.

0 comentarios: