Monday, April 22, 2013

With a little help from my fridge

After much thinking and planning, then meeting individually with 'my women' to talk them through what I had in mind, I'm happy to say that last week my grupos de discipulado finally got going! Attendance was a bit patchy and it was an intense week (in large part because of the demands made on my Spanish), but it was wonderful! Most of the groups had a getting-to-know-you time, but, within that, we were able to encourage each other with God's truths, and each group finished up sharing favourite Bible verses and explaining why these words had been important for us. Now everyone has to memorize one verse by the next meeting in a fortnight's time . . . except for me. I have to memorize five. And as my friends who tried to help me learn Greek and Hebrew will testify, I can't remember things, even two minutes later! But I'm sure going to give it a good Aussie go...

3 comentarios:

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

I want to write on my fridge too!
The only other time I've seen people write on their fridge is my old uncles who make home brew, who write dates on the old fridges in their sheds to remember when batches of beer are ready.

fional said...

It was a friend's idea! Though I suspect she might have meant write on a bit of paper, then stick it on the fridge. So, it's me and your old uncles - good company, I hope?

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Indeed :)