Monday, May 21, 2012

Mi rutina

One of things that I've asked people to pray for is that I might discover a physically and spiritually healthy weekly routine. And, thanks to God, I'm well on my way. Each weekday morning, I start my working day reading the Bible (in Spanish!) and praying (in English ;) ). Monday is 'English Day', when I think through issues of theology and life, read and write blog posts, and answer more lengthy emails. I spend the other weekday mornings studying Spanish in a formal way, investigating and revising the use of difficult grammar or having private lessons. On Tuesday afternoons, I meet a younger Australian friend for lunch and discipleship, and in the evening I go along to a course that one of the missionaries at my church is running on the story of the whole Bible. Wednesday afternoons are my time for running errands and catching a movie (dubbed if it's actions or for kids; subtitled if not). Thursday afternoons I meet with the Director of SIM Chile, and that evening, for the next few weeks at least, I go along to 'Club Preguntas'. I'm hoping that Friday lunchtimes will be a regular time for discipleship and practising Spanish (and English) with a friend from church. Friday evening is home group. And Saturday's my rest day, which I spend at home, sleeping in, reading English novels, painting my nails, watching DVDs, reading the paper, and anything else I happen to feel like. Sunday's church and usually a bit of naughty answering English emails in the afternoon (there's too much English for Monday alone!). And then once a month on a Friday morning all the SIM missionaries get together to pray, and on a Saturday afternoon it's the grupo de mujeres. I'm happy with my routine - lots of opportunity to learn Spanish and get to know the people of my church, but also enough time to keep up with folks back home and do some things I love. ¡Eso!

1 comentarios:

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

That's a big week! Made me tired just reading about it.