Friday, February 24, 2012

Urban intermission

Having farewelled my island home, I've moved on to do the same in Sydney. I'm here for four days, catching up with a handful of good friends and visiting my old church. Once again, my love for Hobart had made me forget that I love big cities too, and the reminder has been really heartening. And I've been feeling anxious about how alien Santiago will be - the physical environment of course, but also the language and the people's ways. But I find Sydney so familiar and comfortable, and I know that, before too long, that's how Santiago will be. I've also been worried about how I'll present myself in the city, that I'll make myself a target by appearing harried and confused. But again, because I know Sydney, I just calmly walk around the place, minding my own business and sorting myself out as I go. Just because I'll be in a new city doesn't mean I need to give way to blind panic ;).

0 comentarios: